Membership of the Federation of Scottish Theatre is open to professional dance, opera and theatre companies and venues, individual professional practitioners, and to those who work within and support the dance, opera and theatre community within Scotland.
As a member of FST you would be joining a network of over 200 professional performing arts organisations and individuals throughout Scotland.
To view a searchable list of current members follow this link.
NEW FOR 2016/17:
The Federation of Scottish Theatre is very pleased to announce that Creative Scotland have awarded a small fund to support more professional Gaelic medium theatres and individual practitioners to join FST.
Annual FST membership fees for 16/17 will be covered for a limited number of professional Gaelic drama and dance individual practitioners and groups. These memberships will be offered on a first come first served basis. Please contact email@example.com for further information and subscription forms. Full details can be found in Gaelic here and in English here.
Members enjoy access to a range of free events and services* in addition to heavily reduced rates on training and other services as below:
Networking & Information:
- Quarterly members’ meetings*
- Monthly members-only e-newsletter – including profile on joining*
- Festivals reception*
- Emporium – reduced rate
- Specialist forums*
- Profile on FST website*
- Vacancy advertising on FST website*
- Access to members only area of FST website*
Sector Specific Advocacy:
Strategic lobbying and advocacy, directly representing the interests of FST members to funders and key decision makers, including Creative Scotland, the Scottish Government and Local Authorities.
- Annual sector survey / trends analysis to inform planning and advocacy
- FST provides a secretariat to the cross-arts sector group Culture Counts who advocate the significant economic and social contribution made by the arts, culture and the creative industries.
Training & Professional Development:
- Training Programmes for a wide range of roles - reduced rates
- Technical Winter School – reduced rates
- Bursaries for a range of roles, including producers and directors
- Mentoring, including mentor training*
- Creative Production & Technical Skills - training fund and bursaries for recent graduates
- Access to general advice services through FST
Capacity Building Projects & Services:
- Health & Safety advice and support – reduced rates
- Access Scottish Theatre Guide – reduced rates
- Critical Response Process (CRP) group to offer cross-sector artistic evaluation
- Travel Bursary fund to support members outwith the Central Belt to attend FST events
For a full list of member benefits, services and events please download our information pack here
The FST membership categories are as follows:
- Full Membership is open to any Scotland based professional organisation whose principal purpose is producing, presenting or curating dance, opera or theatre work.
- Individual Membership is open to any Scotland based professional dance, opera or theatre worker.
- Associate Membership is open to any Scotland based professional organisation associated with the theatre or dance sector but whose principal purpose is not producing, presenting or curating dance, opera or theatre work.
Membership Fees 2016/17
Full Membership: 0.1% of turnover for the year 2014/15, with a minimum payment of £125 to a maximum of £2,550 per annum + VAT.
Individual Membership: £80 per annum + VAT.
Associate Membership: £315 per annum + VAT.
Introductory rate for new Full Members: £155 + VAT.
If you would like to join FST please click on the links below to download further information and the three forms for membership.
If you have any queries regarding membership please email or contact the office on 0131 248 4842.