FST Members' Meetings take place quarterly (March, June, September and December) in various venues across Scotland (NB: FST members, please log in using the button in the top right corner to see the exact dates and venues). There is always an overarching theme to a meeting, depending on any developments within the sector. Following the feedback from our members, those meetings are a day-long and incorporate all or most of the following elements:
- Presentations by guest speakers who talk about their organisations, share examples of best practice or lessons learnt from a particular project.
- An Open Exchange session, when the attendees get the opportunity to share any news about their organisations, projects, issues faced etc.
- Discussion groups.
- Consultation with the membership when decisions affecting the membership are to be taken.
- Informal networking drink at the end of the day.
What our members say:
"I look forward to members meetings. They are the right length, with good content and focus. A real reason for us all to come together, as well as providing time to network." Sam Eccles, The Touring Network
- 22 June 2016 at Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline - agenda included an update and presentation from Creative Scotland on Creative Learning Review
- 23 March 2016 at Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow - agenda included an update and Q&A from Creative Scotland and presentations from the Theatres Trust and ASSITEJ and the On The Edge Festival
- 9 December 2015 at Assembly Roxy, Edinburgh - agenda included presentations and Q&As with Janet Archer (CEO, Creative Scotland) on recent developments, and with Ben Twist (Creative Carbon Scotland) on measuring carbon consumption in the sector
Minutes from previous meetings and details of future events are available in the Research and Resources section after logging in as a member.