The Dance Forum is open to anyone with an interest in dance working across the professional dance, opera and theatre sector. Individuals may be creating work, programming dance, marketing productions or involved in education and participatory projects, as long as they have an interest in the sector and wish to be involved.
Attendance of the forums is free for FST members as part of their annual membership fee. Non members are also welcome to attend for a fee of £10 for one forum meeting or £16 for both events taking place in the year (inclusive of VAT).
The next Dance Forum will be held on 25 May 2017, at Tramway, Glasgow from 2.30-5.30pm (agenda in due course).
The Dance Forum on 15 September 2016 continued the discussion from the May forum looking at sector support for Dance followed by discussion on sector needs and the role of support organisations. The session included an update from Creative Scotland and presentations from Anita Clark (Director - The Work Room) and Andrew Hurst (Chief Executive - One Dance UK). The minutes from this Forum are available to download here.
If you wish to register your interest in the Dance Forum, please email email@example.com Please specify special access requirements.
All Forum meetings operate under Chatham House Rules and attendees agree to the cancellation policy and terms and conditions which you can download here.
Minutes from the previous forum meetings can be downloaded by members by logging in here.
- Minutes from the Dance Forum held in Citizens Theatre, Glasgow, 15 September 2016 are available here.
- Minutes from the Dance Forum held in Findhorn 6 May 2016 are available here.
- 16 September 2015 at Lochgelly Centre, Fife - The forum coincided with Pioneers of Performance and Laura Cameron Lewis gave a presentation on this dance festival. The agenda also included an update from Anita Clark from Creative Scotland, as well as YDance and RCS sharing recent developments in training and education. There were two solo performances following the forum meeting - Douglas by Robbie Synge and Anna Krzystek’s choreographed piece Face On (8.30pm).
- 30 April 2015 at Tramway, Glasgow - The forum coincided with the new Dance International Glasgow festival and the agenda included Touring Partnership Models, Audience Development Initiatives and FST’s 10 Year Vision for Theatre, Dance & Opera as well as attendance of the film Screendance Scotland and Barrowland Ballet's live show Whiteout. Speakers included Anita Clark (Creative Scotland), Tim Nunn (Tramway), Deborah Keyser (Creu Cymru Dance Consortia) and Frank McConnell (plan B).
- 28 October 2014 at The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen - agenda included Anita Clark from Creative Scotland, information on the Made in Scotland 2015 programme, presentations on International Collaborations by Carolyn Lappin (Ydance) and Liam Sinclair (Scottish Dance Theatre) as well as attendance of a Mark Morris Dance Group's performance at His Majesty's Theatre.
- 7 May 2014 at Tron Theatre, Glasgow - agenda included Steve Slater and Emma Stewart-Jones from Creative Scotland and a Dance Programming Discussion Panel - including Alice McGrath from macrobert, Jennifer Philips from Citymoves, Tim Nunn from Tramway and Kim Simson from The Work Room
- 18 September 2013 at Dundee Rep - agenda included discussions on Creative Scotland's Dance Review.