The Touring Forum is open to anyone with an interest in touring, working across the professional dance, opera and theatre sector. Individuals may be working with a touring company, programming in a venue, marketing productions, working as a freelancer or as a voluntary promoter, as long as they have an interest in the sector and wish to be involved.
Attendance of the forums is free for FST members as part of their annual membership fee. Non-members are also welcome to attend for a fee of £10 for one forum meeting or £16 for both events taking place in the year (inclusive of VAT).
All Forum meetings operate under Chatham House Rules and attendees agree to the cancellation policy and terms and conditions which you can download here.
The Next Touring Forum will be held on 20 April 2017, at Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow, 2-5pm
The Agenda is available to download here
The minutes from the latest Touring Forum on 20 October 2016 are available to download here
If you wish to register your interest in the Touring Forum, please email email@example.com Please specify special access requirements.
Minutes from the previous forum meetings can be downloaded by members by logging in here
- Minutes from the latest Touring Forum held 22 June 2016 are available to download here.
- Minutes from the last Touring Forum held 21 April can be downloaded here
- 14 October 2015 at Paisley Arts Centre - agenda included an update from Creative Scotland and a discussion around touring in Scotland, based on two documents 'Theatre Touring in the 21st Century' and 'Code of Practice for Venues and Producers', published by UK Theatre and downloadable from FST's Research & Resource section.
- 12 May 2015 at the Festival Theatre, Edinburgh - agenda focused around touring consortia with speakers Alan Thomson (DG Unlimited), Ken Gouge (Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival), Lisa Denham (Scottish Borders Council) and Duncan Hendry (Festival City Theatres Trust). Lorna Duguid from Creative Scotland also gave an update.
- 27 November at Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow - agenda included a discussion with Laura Mackenzie-Stuart from Creative Scotland on the recent Regular Funding announcement and information on FST's new Touring Event and Emporium 2015
- 5 June 2014 at Festival Theatre, Edinburgh - agenda included Gavin Stride from Farnham Maltings and house talking about cooperation, collaboration and audiences and Julie Tait from Culture Republic to update on their plans to support developing audience engagement across Scotland.
- 30 October 2013 at Birnam Arts Centre - agenda included discussions with Creative Scotland about touring in Scotland.