Culture Counts has launched a new website – culturecounts.scot
The site offers existing and potential members inspiration to talk about the value of the sector. Key features include:
- Parliament – Information on committees and consultations open for evidence.
- News – Quick read blogs, calls to action and policy news.
- Join – Details of Culture Counts membership.
Formed in 2011 to advocate for the value and importance of culture to life in Scotland, Culture Counts brings together key agencies representing the arts, media, culture, heritage, cultural industries and museums. In recognition of the significant economic and social contribution made by the arts, culture and the creative industries, the Culture Counts group asks that:
- Culture and creativity is specifically included in any national outcome structure, strengthening the framework for local authorities to support culture
- Continued core investment for culture is maintained
- Incentives for growth through specific initiatives are maintained and developed locally and nationally
FST provides a secretariat to the group, helping to coordinate meetings, maintaining the website and social media and implementing agreed action points.
Visit the Culture Counts website to find out more or sign up to receive the Culture Counts monthly newsletter for key stories across arts, culture and creativity. You can also follow Culture Counts on Twitter.