We want more FST Members from the whole spectrum of job roles to get involved in FST activities, training and advocacy
To create a critical mass of members representing art form, discipline, geographical spread which is as reflective of the diversity of the dance, theatre and opera sector in Scotland as possible. This, in turn, will help us create the best possible networking opportunities, develop specialist forums, encourage collaboration, facilitate best practice and peer learning.
How will we achieve it?
- Continue to develop communications with our members: from social media, through targeted emails with updates to our monthly e-newsletter.
- Organise the following events and meet-ups for the FST members and the wider sector:
- Members Meetings:
- 22 June 2022 – hybrid event in Edinburgh
- 29 September 2022 – online, will include the AGM
- 09 December 2022 – hybrid event, location TBC
- March 2023 – online event, date TBC
- Edinburgh Festivals Reception: 23 August 2022 – a networking event for FST members and non-members (invitation-only)
- Emporium Market Day: 14 March 2023 – theatre marketplace where you can promote and book shows available to tour in the short – medium term – open to FST members and non-members.
- General Managers Meet-ups – quarterly, including legal surgeries, members-only
- Producers Meet-ups – twice a year, for members and non-members
- Dance Forum – twice a year, October and February, for members and non-members
- Technical / Health & Safety forum – twice a year, for members and non-members
- Topic-responsive forums – four forums a year, topics and dates TBC
- Audience Working Group – topics and dates TBC
- Environment Working Group – topics and dates TBC
- HiPA (Harassment in Performing Arts) working group
- Members Meetings:
- Publish Annual Report highlighting all our activities for the previous financial year – by the end of September 2022.
NB. All Members Meeting and other meet-ups come with an offer of travel and childcare bursaries for FST Members to help reduce barriers to attending.
How can you get involved?
Already a member? Log in to the FST website and update your contact details and mailing preferences. You can choose to receive main
FST e-newsletter as well as a selection of updates related to training, health & safety etc.
Do you have colleagues who would benefit from FST news, updates, training and CPD? When you log into FST website, you will see who the ‘Membership Coordinator’ for your organisation is – this person can add and remove your organisation’s employees who have access to members-only resources and mailings. Every employee of your organisation is by default an FST member, so please feel free to add them in.
Similarly, a ‘Marketing Coordinator’ for your organisation can update your introduction in the FST Members Directory to make sure it’s always up-to-date. If you’re an individual member, you can also make those updates.
If you aren’t a member and would like to attend any of the non-members events, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the relevant mailing list, so we can let you know when the dates and topics get published.
If you have any questions, suggestions or opportunities to share with other FST members and the wider sector – email email@example.com and we’ll direct you to the FST Team member who can help.