We want more FST Members from the whole spectrum of job roles to get involved in FST activities, training and advocacy
To create a critical mass of members representing art form, discipline, geographical spread which is as reflective of the diversity of the dance, theatre and opera sector in Scotland as possible. This, in turn, will help us create the best possible networking opportunities, develop specialist forums, encourage collaboration, facilitate best practice and peer learning.
How will we achieve it?
- Continuing to develop communications with our members: from social media, through targeted emails with updates to our monthly e-newsletter.
- Organising the following events and meet-ups for the FST members and the wider sector (dates and times will be confirmed throughout the year).
- Members Meetings:
- 21 June 2023 – In person: Edinburgh, Location TBC
- 28 September 2023 – Including AGM – Online
- 08 December 2023 – In person: The Roxy, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Festivals Reception: August 2023 – a networking event for FST members and non-members (invitation-only)
- Sector Conference – autumn/winter 2023
- Dance Forum with The Work Room – autumn 2023
- Technical / Health & Safety forum
- 4 Topic-responsive forums
- Advocacy forum
- HiPA (Harassment in Performing Arts) launch event
- HiPA (Harassment in Performing Arts) working groups
- Members Meetings:
- Publishing an Annual Report highlighting all our activities for the previous financial year – by the end of September 2023.
NB. All Members Meetings and other meet-ups come with an offer of travel and childcare bursaries for FST Members to help reduce barriers to attending.
How can you get involved?
Already a member? Log in to the FST website and update your contact details and mailing preferences. You can choose to receive the main FST e-newsletter as well as a selection of updates related to training, health & safety etc.
Do you have colleagues who would benefit from FST news, updates, training and CPD? When you log into FST website, you will see who the ‘Membership Coordinator’ for your organisation is – this person can add and remove your organisation’s employees who have access to members-only resources and mailings. Every employee of your organisation is by default an FST member, so please feel free to add them in.
Similarly, a ‘Marketing Coordinator’ for your organisation can update your introduction in the FST Members Directory to make sure it’s always up-to-date. If you’re an individual member, you can also make those updates.
If you aren’t a member and would like to attend any of the non-members events, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the relevant mailing list, so we can let you know when the dates and topics get published.
If you have any questions, suggestions or opportunities to share with other FST members and the wider sector – email email@example.com and we’ll direct you to the FST Team member who can help.