FST will collaborate with other organisations to support the sector in adopting best practice in many different areas, including production and distribution of work, Health & Safety, the Environment, and Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion.
A well-resourced and managed dance, opera and theatre ecology is part of FST’s vision, and one of our aims is to support Scotland’s dance, opera and theatre sector to be a world leader in artistic and management practice. There is a wealth of knowledge in the performing arts itself and in the wider cultural sector. By developing strategic partnerships and working closely with other organisations whose focus is on particular policy areas we will support the sector to share best practice.
How will we achieve it?
- Delivering a new, one day sector-wide conference in autumn/winter 2023.
- Working with Creative Scotland on developments to the Touring Strategy.
- Re-launching the Agreement between the Federation of Scottish Theatre and the Scottish Society of Playwrights for the Commissioning of a Play.
- Maintaining strategic partnerships with Creative Carbon Scotland, Theatres Trust, UK Theatre, Independent Theatre Council and Parents and Carers in the Performing Arts (PiPA) and others.
- Continuing to work on Access Scottish Theatre guide, website and e-newsletters together with Birds of Paradise.
- Developing a new Equalities Diversity and Inclusion plan and priorities.
How can you get involved?
If you’re a member, make sure that your mailing preferences are up-to-date, so that we can keep you informed on any new developments and opportunities.
If you’re not a member but would like to attend the H&S surgeries, contact us to be added to our mailing list so that we can let you know when the dates get published.