FST will collaborate with other organisations to support the sector in Health & Safety practice as well as in particular policy areas like Environment and Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion.
There is a wealth of knowledge in the performing arts itself and in the wider cultural sector. By developing strategic partnerships and working closely with other organisations whose focus is on particular policy areas we will support the sector to share best practice.
How will we achieve it?
- Progressing the Sector Strategy Development work: by forming a board sub-group and developing an implementation plan.
- Working with Creative Scotland on developments to the Touring Strategy.
- Re-launching the Agreement between the Federation of Scottish Theatre and the Scottish Society of Playwrights for the Commissioning of a Play.
- Continuing the work of Technical Advisory Group on Safer Systems and Health & Safety Advisory Group as required
- Running Health & Safety Surgeries:
- 21 April 2022
- Second date TBC
- Maintaining strategic partnerships with Creative Carbon Scotland, Theatres Trust, UK Theatre, Independent Theatre Council and Parents and Carers in the Performing Arts (PiPA) and others.
- Continuing to work on Access Scottish Theatre guide, website and e-newsletters together with Birds of Paradise.
How can you get involved?
If you’re a member, make sure that your mailing preferences are up-to-date, so that we can keep you informed on any new developments and opportunities.
If you’re not a member but would like to attend the H&S surgeries, contact us (email@example.com) to be added to our mailing list, so that we can let you know when the dates get published.