FST represents a network of over 200 professional performing arts organisations and individuals throughout Scotland including main house producers, presenting venues, touring companies, companies working in schools and communities, companies producing and presenting work for children, dance companies, local authority venues and educational establishments.
FST undertakes advocacy at a national level with government and funding bodies, co-ordinates capacity building initiatives and provides training, advice and other services to members to secure the creative future of dance, opera and theatre in Scotland.
A selection of images from FST Members – for credits, visit our Photo Credits page.
FST Exists to:
- Support Scotland’s dance, opera and theatre sector to be a world leader in artistic and management practice
- Place dance, opera and theatre as a key component of Scotland’s civic and cultural life
- To ensure the long-term financial stability of FST and continually strive to be a well-managed and effective organisation, making the best use of resources
FST’s vision is:
- A confident and ambitious dance, opera and theatre sector creating work of the highest quality
- More people watching and participating in professional dance, opera and theatre from all communities across Scotland
- A well-resourced and managed dance, opera and theatre ecology
In 2016, FST celebrated its 40th Anniversary and here is a video celebrating the organisation’s achievements over that period of time: