We and other Cultural sector support organisations such as Creative Carbon Scotland, Cultural Enterprise Office and Arts and Business Scotland are here to help freelancers, artists and creative organisations. Like you, we all need to make the most of the public funding that we receive. All four sector support organisations are working together to help you be more connected, effective and collaborative in delivering your work.
Have a look at the list below – if FST cannot help, some of the other support organisations might be of help:
Arts & Business Scotland’s (A&BS) vision is for a Scotland where the cultural and business sectors are connected and thriving. Its purpose is to put business into culture and creativity into business by advocating the value of cross-sectoral partnerships to encourage collaborative working.
As a membership organisation it delivers:
- Training, support and advice for the cultural sector on governance and fundraising
- Incentive grants to encourage new business sponsors of the arts
- Artist in residence programme
- Cross sectoral networking, events and seminars.
Cultural Enterprise Office (CEO) support those starting, running and growing their creative business or practice. Whether you need advice about marketing or funding, information about legal structures or intellectual property rights, they can help you work out what to do next by offering:
- One to one specialist advice from In-house Advisers
- Sector-specific advice via their Industry Associates
- Online resources grouped by business stage and sector
- Flourish Mentoring and Fashion Foundry
Creative Carbon Scotland (CCS) works with artists, organisations and strategic partners to put culture at the heart of a socially, economically and environmentally sustainable Scotland. Through events, projects and opportunities, CCS connects the arts with sustainability and sustainability with the arts. They provide free training for arts organisations through their Carbon Reduction Project and Green Arts Initiative, and have a wealth of sustainability information online for anyone working within the arts.