|FST Non-Member||£192.00 (includes VAT of £32.00)|
|FST Organisation/Associate Member||£96.00 (includes VAT of £16.00)|
|FST Individual Member||£48.00 (includes VAT of £8.00)|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.
Open to FST members and non-members
How will this course help me?
This online course covers the content of the Level 1 course but also expands on the effects of drugs and alcohol, incorporates the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within a workplace. You do not need to do Level 1 in order to do Level 2.
The event will be held online, via Zoom. Meeting details will be sent out in advance
You will learn:
- What mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- How to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- How to recognise and manage stress
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions/symptoms
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- The first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
During the 3-week period you will cover:
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Module 3 – Identifying mental health conditions and early signs
- Module 4 – Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Module 5 – Stress
1.5-hour group or individual online session (Thursday 25 November 3.00-4.30PM)
- Module 6 – Mental health conditions and behaviours, including depression, anxiety, psychosis, eating disorders, suicide and self-harm
- Module 7 – Drugs and alcohol
- Module 8 – First aid action plan for mental health
- Module 9 – Mental health in the workplace
1.5-hour group or individual online session (Thursday 2 December 3.00-4.30PM)
1-to-1 Video assessment which takes up to 40 minutes (Friday 3 & Monday 6 December 3.00-4.00PM)
This course is enhanced with videos, quizzes, graphics, downloadable resources, links to relevant sites and reflective questions.
What’s included in the cost?
- Access to our online learning system packed with content, resources, a discussion forum and links to further reading which you can permanently access, providing you log-in monthly.
- Online guided learning sessions with a qualified facilitator
- A First Aid for Mental Health e-book or paperback manual
- Certification costs
- Lifetime access to a large digital library of resources
|First Online Session||Thursday 25 November, 3.00-4.30PM|
|Second Online Session||Thursday 2 December, 3.00-4.30PM|
|Video Assessments||Friday 3 & Monday 6 December, 3.00-4.00PM|
If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com.