- Are you bursting with fantastic ideas?
- Are you in the early stages of a creative career?
- Are you friendly, driven, organized and love working with others?
- Do you love the performing arts and having new and exciting experiences?
- Are you rooted in or connected to the North-East of Scotland?
- Do you identify as being from a low socio-economic background or have you faced barriers to employment in the arts or a creative role?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The creative team at Aberdeen Performing Arts is looking for an Associate Producer to join our team for a 12-month period. Don’t be put off by a job title – a producer, for us, is someone who has great ideas and wants to make them happen as part of a team. You’ll probably have 2-5 years’ experience of the world of work although not necessarily in the arts.
We recognize that there are less opportunities for people from lower socio-economic backgrounds to enter and maintain a career in the arts. It is important that the work we create and produce reflects the whole of our society and that our team is representative of the wide range of communities we engage with. This role is supported by the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme and is specifically created for individuals who have faced barriers to employment in the arts. The successful candidate will take part in a year-long development programme with Jerwood Arts, as part of a group of 50 creatives across the UK.
As part of our commitment to improving diversity and representation in our organisation and in our industry, we positively encourage applications from individuals from diverse or under-represented backgrounds.
For more information about the role and the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme, visit our website www.aberdeenperformingarts.com/about-us/jobs.