Youth Theatre Arts Scotland are seeking applications to fill three vacancies on our board. Previous board experience is not necessary, and we welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
This is an exciting opportunity for three professionals to join Youth Theatre Arts Scotland as voluntary Board Members/Trustees. In 2023 we are seeking applications to fill three vacancies on our board with a high calibre of people. Previous board experience is not necessary and we welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
Improve the lives of young people through youth theatre with us
We are recruiting to three voluntary positions to join Youth Theatre Arts Scotland as Board Members/Trustees.
We are a pioneering national youth arts development charity with a vision for universal access to quality youth theatre activity across Scotland and universal recognition of its impact.
Helping others is at the heart of our work in supporting, connecting and inspiring youth theatre participants across Scotland and the adults who work with them. We do this by delivering a combination of sector support, sector training and development, youth theatre events and projects, and research and advocacy.
Whether you’re an experienced board member/trustee, or wanting to take your first step at board level, we want to hear from you.
In 2023 we are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience or skills in one of the following areas:
- youth theatre e.g. as a manager, facilitator, freelance artist, volunteer or participant (aged 16+);
- professional theatre e.g. as a CEO, Artistic Director or similar of a venue or theatre company;
- digital communications ideally with third-sector experience; and/or
- public relations/advocacy e.g, experience as policy officer.
As a Board Member/Trustee you will have:
- Full induction, relevant training and reimbursable expenses.
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills.
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals.
- Influence to shape innovative projects.
- The chance to help improve the lives of young people in Scotland through youth theatre.
The time commitment for Board Members/Trustees is four two-hour online board meetings per year, plus one full-day in-person board and staff away day (usually held in Edinburgh or Glasgow).
For further information, please visit: https://ytas.org.uk/opportunities/youth-theatre-arts-scotland-board-members/