The Audio Description Association (Scotland) – ADA(Scotland)- is looking for a new Chair to lead the Board, and help to develop the reach of the charity.
ADA(Scotland) is a small charity, working with audio describers and arts organisations across Scotland to enable accessible theatre experiences for blind and partially sighted people. We do this through:
- Running audio description training courses
- Providing portable audio description equipment to organisations
- Giving support and advice to arts organisations about working with audio description
- Raising awareness of audio description, particularly through speaking to groups of blind and partially sighted people
- Quality monitoring and promoting a high standard of audio description
Our new Chair does not need to be an audio describer but we would be keen to hear from candidates with an interest in accessible theatre. It is important to us that our Chair understands the arts sector in Scotland, and ideally has experience of management and fundraising. Previous experience as a charity trustee would be helpful, but we are open to speaking to people from a range of backgrounds and experiences, who align with our aims and values.
The Chair Role involves:
- Showing clear commitment, energy and capacity to lead a small charity
- Preparing and leading four Board Meetings per year (currently held online)
- Supporting ADA(S) part time administrator, when required
- Leading on the board’s fundraising plan, supported by board members
- Supporting Board Members to carry out their roles to their full potential
- Supporting recruitment and induction of new board members
- Representing ADA(S) occasionally at events
This is an unpaid position; however, any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be paid.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining your interest in the role, and previous experience.
Applications should be sent to ADA(S) current Chair, Kat Wilson, on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal chat first, about the role, just get in touch.