The MAC wants to play a leading role in the pursuit of our vision – a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art, and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
At the MAC we are passionate about everything we do. We want people who share that passion for delivering the highest possible level of performance in everything that they do – people who are open to ideas, to collaboration, to challenges and to new ways of thinking.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these, we want to hear from you.
If successful, you will be joining a highly motivated professional team which prides itself on delivering outstanding results and having some fun along the way. We work hard here, respect our colleagues, develop our team members, and do whatever’s necessary to make the MAC the best that it can be in order to make it a great place to visit and work in.
- A related third level qualification with at least 3 years’ experience as outlined in JD JS;
- Qualified by experience with at least 5 years’ relevant experience as outlined in JD JS;
- Working at managerial level in the cultural education, engagement, or participation sector;
- Developing and delivering public engagement, participatory, and learning programmes;
- Working with artists and turning ideas into innovative and ambitious programmes of engagement;
- Collaboration with agencies working with a wide range of people, including Section 75 individuals and groups, young people, schools, local authority departments, and voluntary sector agencies;
- Budget planning and management over £60k.
- Recognised industry qualification and/or related third level qualification;
- Experience of working in a multi art form venue;
- A track record of successful fundraising and delivering funding agreements.
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please go to the careers section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers and download an application pack.
- Please send your CV and a two-page covering letter of no more than 1000 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form which can be downloaded from the career section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Please send your CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative.
If you have not heard from us by 15 March 2021, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.