The Dance Artist will work on YDance’s CashBack for Change project. Launched in September 2020, CashBack for Change is a three-year project funded by Scottish Government Programme, CashBack for Communities. The project is run by YDance and Glass Performance with activity taking place in Falkirk, Renfrewshire, Angus, North and East Ayrshire, Dundee, Perth, and East and West Dunbartonshire.
CashBack for Change uses dance and theatre as a tool to engage and positively influence young people aged 10 -21 who are most at risk of displaying anti-social behaviours and/or entering the criminal justice system. The project targets young people living in areas of high deprivation and crime, those not engaging in mainstream education and in alternative education centres, and those already in the criminal justice system at HMP & YOI Polmont.
- To develop content for, and deliver engaging dance sessions as directed by the Head of Participation
- To develop and maintain positive links with local authorities and staff within each partner organisation
- To establish and maintain a high standard of dance delivery aligned with the established quality of YDance
- To collect and input quantitative and qualitative evidence of the impact of Cashback for Change
- To contribute to the administration and evaluation of projects with the Head of Participation
- To engage in ongoing reflection which will be supported with mentoring and training throughout the process.
For a full description and details on how to apply visit https://ydance.org/about-us/work-with-us/vacancies/