The Work Room & Tramway are seeking a dance artist at an early stage of their career, to join us. This new, one-year post is part of the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme which is seeking to make the arts a fairer and more inclusive place to work. For this reason, this post is designed to support the career progression of someone from a lower socio-economic background.
The Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme funds year-long salaried jobs in arts and cultural organisations, as well as providing links to wider professional and pastoral guidance where it is needed. It seeks to interrogate and remove barriers to entry and enable people to build careers in the arts with confidence and support. Over 2020-2022, they are funding 50 jobs across a range of art forms – you can read about the full list of opportunities here.
The Early Career Dance Artist will work across The Work Room and Tramway, and be supported by us to:
- Develop their own choreographic skills and creative practice;
- Work as part of The Work Room & Tramway teams to develop understanding and experience in dance management, producing and programming;
We are keen to hear from you if:
- You are a dance artist/ choreographer at an early stage of career based in Scotland;
- You have undertaken your dance training full-time at college/ university or equally through more informal roots. We recognise that not everyone has access to formal education programmes because they are not available in all dance styles and not accessible for many people;
- You relish experimenting within whatever dance genres you work in. This may include Hip-hop or street dance styles; South Asian dance such as Bharatanatyam or Kathak; dance from the African and Caribbean diaspora; contemporary; Scottish traditional dances – or any other dance style or genre;
- You have experience and interest in initiating and setting up your own creative projects;
If you have any would prefer this information in an alternative format, require any assistance in submitting your application including making or sending the videos or please contact us directly on questions about the role, please contact us directly on email@example.com
For more information please visit https://theworkroom.org.uk/opportunities/wjcb-early-career-dance-artist-attachment-the-work-room-tramway