Main Purpose of Post
To assist the Director of Finance and Administration in all aspects of the finance function in the processing of Payroll, Purchase ledger, Sales Ledger and Cash and Banking.
The Royal Lyceum Theatre Company (“The Lyceum”) is Scotland’s leading producing theatre. With a strong reputation for excellence in both classical and contemporary work The Lyceum is committed to developing Scotland’s considerable indigenous talents while presenting the best of international drama. The company has been resident at the Royal Lyceum Theatre since 1965 and throughout its long history, has welcomed many stars to its stage including David Tennant, Alan Cumming and Emily Mortimer to Tony Conti, Ian McKellen, and Marlene Dietrich.
The company also runs a varied engagement and outreach programme through their Creative Learning team and working in collaboration with Schools they offer everything from one-off workshops to interdisciplinary long-term projects and continuing professional development for teachers. At the heart of their offering to young people is the Lyceum Youth Theatre which provides the chance to build creativity and cultural awareness while also having fun. The Youth Theatre has also given many Scottish actors a start on the stage and inspired many others with newfound confidence and friendships that stand the test of time.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director David Greig and Executive Director Mike Griffiths, who are joint chief executives, The Lyceum has been working on creative strategies in response to the Covid19 pandemic. The future artistic programme will include the delivery of their own productions, incoming co-productions, and tours, alongside a programme of visiting work and smaller-scale projects. There will also be projects that will be made for and delivered away from the Lyceum Theatre itself, including outdoor, site specific and digital recording.
For more information please visit: www.lyceum.org.uk/
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to take the next step in their career in accounting. With a newly appointed Director of Finance and Administration, this is an exciting time to join, as the Finance Officer shall be able to help shape and implement the process improvements and ambitions of the Finance Director.
The Finance Officer is a key position within the finance team, responsible for maintaining many of the core functions of the department. Their primary role is to administer the weekly and monthly payroll working closely with the HR Officer, maintaining the Purchase Ledger and Bank reconciliations.
The role shall start remotely to begin but then shall be based in the Theatre on Grindlay Street. Flexible working arrangements shall be considered.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Process weekly and monthly timesheets onto the payroll system ensuring relevant approvals from line managers ready for checks by the Assistant Accountant.
- Calculate and administer adjustments to pay.
- Working with the HR Officer calculate the correct occupational and statutory payments for absences in accordance with policy and HMRC legislation.
- Working with the HR Officer validate employee claims covering benefits schemes e.g. childcare, cycle to work, salary finance, and administer reductions/deductions to pay.
- Process draft weekly and monthly payroll to be reviewed by the assistant accountant.
- To be responsible for matching purchase orders, posting invoices ensuring relevant approvals from the Budget Holders.
- Assist and provide training to budget holders and Purchase orders requisitioners on how to raise orders and approve.
- Reconciling supplier’s statements for both the main company (RLTC) and the trading subsidiary (LTTL)
- Produce aged creditors reports for review with the DF&A.
Cash and Bank
- To reconcile, analyse and maintain record of the banks, to receipt and allocate payments.
- To reconcile, analyse and maintain records of all company credit cards for RLTC.
- To reconcile, analyse and maintain records of petty cash for LTTL and RLTC.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be a Finance Officer of The Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd, please send us your CV (max 2 pages) Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
For more information, please visit https://lyceum.org.uk/work-with-us/vacancy/finance-officer