The 4 Nations Bursary Project is offering bursaries for new outdoor work to emerging, artists and companies interested in outdoor arts. Bursaries will be awarded to applicants from Scotland, England, Wales and The Island of Ireland.
The aim will be to create new outdoor art pieces, which will be toured at festivals in all four nations during summer 2023: Surge Festival (Glasgow in partnership with Articulation) in July, Spraoi Festival (Waterford, Ireland in partnership with ISACS) in August, Green Man (Wales, in partnership with Articulture) in August and Out There Festival (Great Yarmouth in partnership with Outdoor Arts UK) in September.
The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £5000 towards the creation of the piece, professional mentoring from the festivals and each of the Partnership networks, plus a four-day residency at Ormidale House in rural Argyll (Scotland) in January 2023. Travel, accommodation and per diems are provided for both the residency and the performance tour.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale outdoor arts piece.
- The piece needs to be for 1-3 artists (all artists must be confirmed by applicant before applying);
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance or exhibition in urban and green field spaces.
- The artists need to be available for the residency in Argyll between 22nd – 26th January 2023
- Artists must also be available for a certain number of week-day mentoring dates between February and July 2023 (exact dates to be agreed)
- To be available for dates of all four festivals:
29th – 30th July 2023 (Surge Festival, Scotland)
4th – 6th August 2023 (Spraoi Festival, Ireland)
17th – 20th August 2023 (Green Man Festival, Wales)
15th – 17th September 2023 (Out There Festival, England)
For further information on the opportunity and how to apply, please visit: http://www.surge.scot/four-nations-outdoor-arts-bursary/
The 4 Nations Bursary Project values diversity and promotes equality and inclusion. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
An accessible video for this opportunity –