Beacon Arts Centre is managed by the charity, Greenock Arts Guild Limited, and our diverse funding base is underpinned by core grants from Inverclyde Council and Creative Scotland. We firmly believe that Inverclyde is one of Scotland’s most attractive places to live and work and it also has the benefit of well-developed transport links to Glasgow and the rest of Scotland. We are proud to be part of this vibrant community and to make a key contribution to the local economy as an employer. With a 4-star rating from VisitScotland, we play a vital role in supporting local tourism too.
To manage the Front of House (FOH) team during theatre performances and events ensuring that customers receive the highest standard of customer service making sure that comfort and Health & Safety of customers are always guaranteed.
• To be the main point of contact on duty during performances and events FOH
• To ensure care and supervision of the public before, during and after performances and events
• To be knowledgeable on our emergency procedures and ensure safe evacuation of the entire FOH area of the building (members of the
public and staff) in the event of an emergency
• To assist the Management team in delivering the best possible service to visiting companies, event bookers and the public by supervising all FOH areas connected with all performances and events.
• To help train and manage the FOH team
• Ensuring you are up to date with all performances and events, briefing FOH staff before all activities
• To brief and ensure that FOH staff comply with the Beacon Arts Centres polices and codes of practice regarding Health & Safety, Access, and Equal Opportunities
• To carry out end of show checks and complete a performance show report
• Promote ancillary sales and be responsible for the reconciliation of FOH sales
• Working with the FOH & Box Office Manager and other team members to improve Customer Care for all patrons
• To assist with the organisation of rotas for FOH staff
• Identify poor performance and quickly tackle the issue – recognising and acknowledging good performance
• To deal with customer complaints effectively and appropriately.
For more information on how to apply, please visit: https://www.beaconartscentre.co.uk/about-the-beacon/work-with-us/