Festivals Edinburgh is the high-level organisation, created and driven by the directors of Edinburgh’s 11 major international festivals, to take the lead on their joint strategic development and work to sustain their leadership role locally and globally. Our mission is simple – to work collaboratively to maintain and develop Edinburgh’s position as a world leading sustainable festival city.
Momentum is a delegate programme, based in Edinburgh, which runs throughout the month of August. It provides a dynamic platform for key cultural players from across the world to engage and build relationships with the Edinburgh’s Festivals, the wider Scottish cultural sector, and the international community that flocks to our city during the peak Festivals season. It is delivered by Festivals Edinburgh on behalf of Edinburgh’s Festivals, British Council Scotland, and Creative Scotland.
About the Role
The International Projects Officer supports the development and delivery of the Momentum 2023 programme. The role involves project management to deliver the logistical and administrative structure for Momentum alongside ensuring our delegates have the best possible experience during their engagement.
The role supports the Programme Manager, acting as a liaison for Festivals Edinburgh with key partners, whilst contributing to the development of the programme for international delegations and providing support to delegates before, during and after their engagement. The role is an important part of a wider partnership team to ensure delegates’ itineraries are professionally and accurately managed and is the key point of contact between delegate hosts and other members of staff, including festival colleagues.
5-month fixed-term employee contract from the week commencing 15th May to the week commencing 2nd Oct 2023. The role is a combination of part-time and full-time work over a 21-week period, as follows:
- 3 days a week for w/c 15th May to w/c 5th June;
- Full-time for w/c 12th June to w/c 28th August,
- 4 days a week for w/c 4th September – w/c 2nd October
How to Apply
- Visit our job page for full details
- Apply by sending a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job, by email to Kirstie Allan, Festivals Edinburgh Business Support Officer, at: email@example.com
- Deadline: 12noon on Wednesday 29 March
- Interviews: are planned to take place on Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th April via Zoom
Festivals Edinburgh is committed to equal, fair and proper employment opportunities. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, in particular Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic and disabled candidates.