The Federation of Scottish Theatre is Scotland’s membership and development body for professional dance, opera and theatre. FST Membership reaches over 250 independent artists, producing companies, venues, education and umbrella bodies across Scotland. FST brings the sector together to speak with a collective voice, to share resources and expertise and to promote collaborative working.
FST host the Culture Counts project, which this new position is aligned to. Culture Counts is the Collective Voice of Scotland’s Culture Sector, representing the major arts and heritage organisations in Scotland. They are a small team with one full-time Executive Leader and one part-time Communications Manager currently in place. Culture Counts are branching out into some new work areas and require the additional support of a project coordinator to help get there.
Culture Counts Project Mission
Our mission is to work with members to:
• Promote the public benefit of the arts, heritage and creative industries
• Protect the eco-system of the arts, heritage and creative industries for the common good; through administration and policy change
• Demystify the operations of Government and Parliament; allowing more people from the arts, heritage and creative industries to influence policies that impact on them
Culture Counts Project Values
• Ambition: for the arts, heritage and creative industries & future generations
• Broad mindedness: collaboration, inclusion, learning and understanding different points of view
• Creativity: experimentation, patience and perseverance, some changes are going to take time
FST strives to be inclusive and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff team.
Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion are legal and moral duties and FST believes that they are critical to the vibrancy of FST as an organisation and to the wider sector.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 31 October 2021
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 11 November via Zoom
Federation of Scottish Theatre is a charity registered in Scotland, No. SCO14133
Completed applications can be sent to email@example.com