Tramway is pleased to announce 2 commissioning opportunities for artists based in Scotland working in Live Art or Contemporary Performance.
Artists in receipt of each commission will receive:
- Either one commission of £12k or one commission of £6k
- Up to 3 Weeks Rehearsal and Development Space in Tramway’s Studio or T4 Theatre. (If applicants wish to increase the amount of studio time available or work out with Glasgow we are happy for external studio hire to be budgeted in to compliment the in-kind space available. We are aware that some artists may wish to remain working at home as the pandemic continues.)
- In-House Technical Support.
We are seeking proposals from independent artists to create bold and thought provoking work for the Covid-present world. Proposals can be based on existing ideas/work, adapted and/or developed for the current conditions, or new ideas and approaches. Artists can apply as an individual or with others as a collaborative team. A work-in-progress or sharing must take place by March 2021 with a final work presented between March and May 2021, and be possible to adapt/deliver under changing Covid-related conditions.
In light of such conditions, we invite artists to consider the potential of innovative forms under the broad banner of Performance Now. This commission invites the creation of new work or the adaptation of existing performance that can reach audiences in the current moment.
Such forms might explore, transgress or challenge notions of:
- Hybrid or Mixed Media (Work that can be adapted to both physical and digital spheres.)
- Space and Place (Outdoor and site specific work that can be reached by foot/ considers accessibility)
- Participation (Work that is audience-activated or centres people and communities as collaborators)
- Time Based or Durational Works
- Technology/Platforms/Networks and Realities (Utilising old or new technology to reject the traditional one-way relationship between the audience and performer)
- Work that consider new ways of being ‘present,’ ‘live’ or ‘together’ that centres an innovative approach to social distancing.
- Work that considers new audiences (Virtual, local, global)
FEE: One commission of £12k or one commission of £6k available.
DEADLINE: Friday 4 December 2020, 5pm
For more information on how to apply click the button below.