This Code of Practice and the associated guidance and templates are intended to provide a practical support framework for touring in Scotland. They have been developed by the FST Touring Strategy Group whose membership represents a cross-section of our membership and was endorsed by our members at their meeting on 28 March 2019.
This document is a work in progress and will develop as experience of the CS Touring Fund grows, comments on how this document works in practice are very welcome.
The Touring Strategy Group will develop:
- a shared vision for successful, sustainable, accessible and excellent touring dance and theatre in Scotland and beyond, focusing on the outcomes we would want to see in an improved scenario
- a strategy to deliver the vision, which will include recommendations where appropriate to Creative Scotland to improve the funding environment for touring dance & theatre
- an implementation plan for the strategy
- a ‘pledge’/code of practice to support behavioural change
- approaches to ensure that the sector as a whole is well-informed about audiences, both current and potential, with a particular focus on motivations as part of this they will instigate Collaborative Audience Research
- platforms to share learning, experiences and good practice
- new models to support the sector, including exploring the potential for a local authority support network and a mid-scale touring consortia
Membership of the Touring Strategy Working Group:
Liam Sinclair, Byre Theatre and Alice McGrath, Red Bridge Arts
Viktoria Begg, Dundee Rep; Emyr Bell, NEAT;
Linda Crooks, Traverse Theatre; Aiyana D’Arcangelo, Scottish Dance Theatre; Verity Leigh, Summerhall/ Magnetic North; Ed Littlewood, Ed Littlewood Productions; Michael Emans, Rapture Theatre; Emma Jayne Park, Cultured Mongrel; Brenna Hobson, National Theatre of Scotland; Julie Tait, Culture Republic; Ross McKay, Tortoise in a Nutshell; Jen Paterson, All or Nothing; Angie Dight, Mischief La Bas; Simon Hart, Puppet Animation; Jo Walmsey, Tramway; Janice Gilmour, Palace Complex; Belinda McElhinney, Barrowland Ballet; Charlotte Mountford, Lyth Arts; David Leddy, Fire Exit; Rob Heaslip, Rob Heaslip Dance; Julie Ellen, Macrobert