The updates in this section are compiled from information released by the Scottish Government during the COVID-19 pandemic. They offer a summary of recent key announcements and signposting to relevant sources of further information.
For the very latest Scottish Government updates and guidelines regarding COVID-19 restrictions visit the relevant section on the Scottish Government website.
As of Monday 9 August 2021, all previous sector-specific guidance for the performing arts has been replaced by the following 4 documents.
- General Guidance
Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying safe and protecting others
- Sector Specific Guidance
Coronavirus (COVID-19): reopening of cultural performances and events guidance**
Coronavirus (COVID-19): stadia and live events guidance
Coronavirus (COVID-19): supporting safer capacity in public settings and events
The previous Covid-19 guidance for the Performing Arts and Live Events will be archived from Monday 9 August. The Scottish Government is now moving into the space of baseline mitigations covered by more general guidance applicable to a range of sectors.
Further Health and Safety signposting can be found in our H&S Section.
- On 10 September The Scottish Parliament has approved the use of Coronavirus vaccination certificates to enter some events and higher risk venues. MSPs voted in favour of the measure, which will come into effect on Friday October 1, aimed at reducing risk while maximising our ability to keep open certain settings and events where transmission is a higher risk and encouraging uptake of the vaccine.
Coronavirus vaccination certificates will be required to enter events such as: nightclubs, and some music festivals and sporting events.
Staff at venues affected will be able to download a “verifier app” to a smartphone or device from next week, ahead of the launch, which will allow digital checks on the certification status of those attending. Guidance will be provided for venues on how to use the app, along with options to integrate it into their own systems as the source code is open.
Find out more
- **On 2 September, and following our meeting with Scottish Government on Wednesday 25 August we are pleased to be able to confirm that we have received confirmation today that the guidance on face-coverings, 1 metre distancing and partitioning is to be amended, with the new wording coming into effect as of Friday 3 September 2021.
Face coverings, 1 metre physical distancing and partitioning
In response to the concerns discussed with the Federation last week, the Scottish Government is making an amendment to the face covering regulations, to enable performers to perform or rehearse for a performance without face coverings in situations on stage where the wearing of a face covering is not possible, and distancing or partitioning is not possible.
– The amendments also cover people assisting with the performance or rehearsal, such as stage crew.
– 1 metre distancing or partitioning with audiences will still be required.
– The amended regulations will apply from Friday 3 September.
Further guidance on this has now been published as part of the Coronavirus (COVID-19): reopening of cultural performances and events guidance.