This toolkit is aimed to help staff/volunteers who are conducting inspections or checks. It contains:
- Information and examples about conducting visual checks, including notes on what official documents should look like and what to do if nothing is presented.
- Using the App for Scanning (Information and examples about scanning QR codes as a means of checking vaccine status, including notes on what to do if nothing is presented or the code is expired)
- Vaccination Letter Security Features (Detailed list of security features on the Scotland Vaccination, status official letters, including an example)
- Exemptions (Information about exemptions from COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Scheme and the right to refuse entry)
- Example Documents (Full-page official document examples that you are likely to need to review)
*Vaccine certificates in Scotland
From 5am on 1 October, COVID vaccine certificates are needed to get into the following higher risk settings in Scotland:
- late night premises with music, which serve alcohol at any time between midnight and 5am and have a designated place for dancing for customers
- indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
- outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
- any event with more than 10,000 people
Everyone attending these settings and events must be able to show they have been fully vaccinated (unless exempt) to gain entry.