The Federation of Scottish Theatre is very pleased to announce that Creative Scotland have awarded a small fund to support more professional Gaelic medium theatres and individual practitioners to join FST.
This information is also available in Gaelic here
Annual FST membership fees for 16/17 will be covered for a limited number of professional Gaelic drama and dance individual practitioners and groups. These memberships will be offered on a first come first served basis. Please contact email@example.com for further information and subscription forms.
FST is the membership and development body for professional dance, opera and theatre in Scotland, bringing the sector together to speak with a collective voice, to share resources and expertise and to promote collaborative working.
As a member of FST, Gaelic medium companies and individual practitioners would have the opportunity to meet and network with our membership of over 200 professional performing arts organisations and individuals throughout Scotland including main house producers, presenting venues, touring companies, companies working in schools and communities, companies producing and presenting work for children, dance companies, local authority venues and educational establishments.
This offer is available for one year only, after which FST’s usual rates for individual and member organisation will apply.
Usual rates for FST membership are:
Full Membership: 0.1% of turnover for the year 2014/15, with a minimum payment of £125 to a maximum of £2,550 per annum + VAT.
Individual Membership: £80 per annum + VAT.
Associate Membership: £315 per annum + VAT.
Introductory rate for new members: £155 + VAT.
FST Members enjoy access to a range of free events and services* in addition to heavily reduced rates on training and other services as below:
Networking & Information:
- Quarterly members’ meetings*
- Monthly members-only e-newsletter – including profile on joining*
- Festivals reception*
- Emporium – reduced rate
- Specialist forums*
- Profile on FST website*
- Vacancy advertising on FST website*
- Access to members only area of FST website*
Sector Specific Advocacy: Strategic lobbying and advocacy, directly representing the interests of FST members to funders and key decision makers, including Creative Scotland, the Scottish Government and Local Authorities.
- Annual sector survey / trends analysis to inform planning and advocacy
- FST provides a secretariat to the cross-arts sector group Culture Counts who advocate the significant economic and social contribution made by the arts, culture and the creative industries.
Training & Professional Development:
- Training Programmes for a wide range of roles – reduced rates
- Technical Winter School – reduced rates
- Bursaries for a range of roles, including producers and directors – reduced host contribution for individual members
- Mentoring, including mentor training*
- Creative Production & Technical Skills – training fund and bursaries for recent graduates
- Access to general advice services through FST
Capacity Building Projects & Services:
- Health & Safety advice and support – reduced rates
- Access Scottish Theatre Guide – reduced rates
- Critical Response Process (CRP) group to offer cross-sector artistic evaluation
- Travel Bursary fund to support members outwith the Central Belt to attend FST events
For a full list of member benefits, services and events please see our members’ page here