Federation of Scottish Theatre membership is open to professional dance, opera and theatre companies and venues, individual professional practitioners and to those working to support the dance, opera and theatre community within Scotland. There are three FST membership categories:
Organisation Membership is open to any Scotland based professional organisation whose principal purpose is producing, presenting or curating dance, opera or theatre work. Membership is held in the organisation’s name and all employees can benefit from membership. Organisation Members also have full voting rights and the right to stand for election to the FST Board. Group Membership is a package designed for FST Organisation member organisations which work with performing arts practitioners and would like to support them in engaging with FST. Organisation Members can also opt to pay a Group Membership fee which allows non-permanent staff to benefit from opportunities offered by FST. If you’d like to find out more about Group Membership, please email email@example.com
Fee: 0.1% of turnover for the year 2017/18, with a minimum payment of £125 to a maximum of £2,550 per annum + VAT.
Associate Membership is open to Scotland based professional organisations working within the theatre or dance sector in a supporting or strategic capacity that can also support the mission of FST but whose principal purpose is not producing, presenting or curating dance, opera or theatre work. Membership is held in the organisation’s name and all employees can benefit from membership. According to the constitution of FST, Associate Members are not entitled to vote at meetings or at the AGM.
Fee: £315 per annum + VAT.
Individual Membership is open to any Scotland-based professional dance, opera or theatre worker. Membership is held in the individual’s name and cannot be transferred to another individual or colleague. Individual Members also have full voting rights and the right to stand for election to the FST Board.
Fee: £80 per annum + VAT.
As a member of FST you will be part of a network of over 200 professional performing arts organisations and individuals throughout Scotland.
FST provides the following services and benefits to its membership:
- Advocacy: representing the Scottish Performing Arts Sector to the Scottish Government, Creative Scotland and other stakeholders and policy-makers.
- Tailored training and development opportunities, which are heavily subsidised for the FST Members
- FST mentoring programme – free for Organisation/Individual members, £100 for Associate Members
- Assistant Director, Producer and Recent Graduate Bursaries
- Ongoing communication, information and advice services and online resources
- A range of capacity building projects such as Access Scottish Theatre
- Regular sector-wide opportunities to network