A selection of resources and signposting to guidance and best practice regarding Wellbeing in the Workplace, whether that ‘workplace’ is at home, an office, or frequently changing. The information included in this section is by no means an exhaustive list and we would welcome FST Members to get in touch to share further resources, case studies or to suggest further topics that could be included.
If you would like to get in touch with us to share suggestions or queries regarding this page then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your subject line ‘Wellbeing Resources’.
Chartered Institute for Personnel Development
A professional body for experts in people at work. The CIPD has been championing better work and working lives by setting professional standards for HR and people development, as well as driving positive change in the world of work.
– Wellbeing at work factsheet
– The CIPD’s annual survey exploring health, well-being and absence in UK workplaces
– Information about the benefits of an effective wellbeing policy for your organisation
– Six steps to help your team thrive at work
Healthy Working Lives (NHS Scotland)
A great resource for employers in Scotland looking for workplace health, safety and wellbeing information. A free and confidential NHS Scotland service to help you understand, protect and improve the health and wellbeing of your workforce. We also help you support employees with health problems to remain in work or return to work.
Mental Health Foundation
Offers a great selection of resources and tips for both employers and employees in looking after their mental health at work.
– Looking after your mental health while working during coronavirus
Working from home
A selection of resources relating to self-care whilst working from home, useful for both those with experience of home working, those who have are currently unable to work in their regular workplace due to COVID-19, and anyone managing staff who regularly or sporadically need to work from home.
– Scottish Government guidance for home working
– Staying mentally healthy when working from home (SAMH)
– Guidance on supporting your mental health while working from home (MHFA England)
– 7 simple tips to tackle working from home (NHS UK)
The Theatre Guild
A registered charity specifically for backstage and front of house workers. You can get in touch with them to get practical help at any stage in your career, from wellbeing and counselling to welfare and debt, and financial support. Find out more by following the link below.